“Helping, fixing, and serving represent three different ways of seeing life.
When you help, you see life as weak.
When you fix, you see life as broken.
When you serve, you see life as whole.
Fixing and helping may be the work of the ego,
but service is the work of the soul.”
– Rachel Naomi Remen
Our Company’s Social Impact Culture
Culture: Mission, Vision & Values
OUR COMPANY’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Real estate may be our base business; but creating a successful scalable social impact real estate (SIRE) business model that produces long-term value in many forms for multiple community and project stakeholders, funders, and investors alike is what we do; and ultimately, sustaining communities and improving the lives of its members is our goal.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to “Use social impact real estate (SIRE) to collaboratively serve communities in ways that positively advance people’s lives.”
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Our ultimate vision is to “Eliminate barriers to possibilities.”
OUR CORE VALUES:
The following eight words represent our company’s Core Values. Each has a brief description about that value and what it means to us. We take the inherent responsibility that each of these values represents very seriously—they guide our work and daily attitude; our interactions with clients, community members, and all project stakeholders; and how we plan and implement our projects and consulting assignments. In fact, we take the following values so seriously, each of our staff members signs a pledge vowing to practice and uphold these eight values.
- PASSION: it’s how we feel towards our work and helping people; it’s our daily fuel
- CANDOR: what people can expect from us
- COLLABORATION: sometimes messy, but always necessary
- COMPASSION: required to fully appreciate other people and their life experiences
- DISCIPLINE: in all financial, operational, and project management matters
- EGO-LESS: egos have no place in decision-making
- FORWARD THINKING: it’s a unique mixture of knowledge, awareness, dreaming, and audacity
- TENACITY: it’s how the hard things happen